Kitronik Lesson in a Box Simple Robotics for the BBC micro:bit Class pack
Designed by Teacher's and tested by Pupil's to save you time when teaching Simple Robotics (Grades 6-10).
The Lesson in a Box (Simple Robotics) is a complete set of electronics and teaching resources to enable successful cross-curricular lessons with minimal teacher effort. The kit and teaching resources have been tried and tested by real pupils and developed by real teachers to save you time.
In developing this box we wanted it to be affordable, useful and robust enough for teachers to use again and again.
All of the teaching resources are set out in a teacher, ‘user-friendly' way, including technicians notes, lesson plans, and workbooks or worksheets. These are supplied as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint formats as well as PDF’s, which can be copied, modified, and printed to suit your own teaching style. There is a quick start guide to the Lesson in a Box kit that gives an overview of the whole box including: a summary of your new lessons, how to setup your kit, how to use the micro:bit, code examples and more!
The robots utilize the BBC micro:bit and our Klip Motor Driver board designed specifically for this type of activity! It requires no soldering and is all connected by crocodile clips. The advantages of the micro:bit are that, while being easy to use, it is feature packed and it can be coded with languages that suit every ability level.
As has been mentioned, this kit is cross-curricular and has been designed for DT, Computing & Physics.
- DT- Your robots are all about the design process.
- Computing- Your robots are all about the robot’s code.
- Physics – Your robot is all about speed and velocity.
- Enrichments & Open Days – It's all about experimentation and fun.
- The Lesson in a Box Simple Robotics Pack is a complete set of electronics and teaching resources to enable successful cross-curricular lessons with minimal teacher effort.
- No soldering required for technicians or students.
- The kit and teaching resources have been tried and tested by real pupils and developed by real teachers.
- The kit includes technicians notes, lesson plans, resources and workbooks or worksheets.
- The kit has been designed to be used over and over again, all component parts were chosen/designed with this in mind.
- Packaged in a sturdy reusable Grantnells tray that will keep the kits together and safe in between uses.
- It's fun to teach and fun to learn!
There are 10 student and 1 teacher sets of Electronics (11 sets in total) supplied in a large reusable Gratnells tray. Each set includes:
- 1 x Kitronik Klip Motor Driver Board for BBC micro:bit.
- 2 x Kitronik clippable TT motor boards (with cable tie and screws).
- 2 x Right Angle Geared Hobby TT motors.
- 2 x 5 Spoke Injection Moulded Wheels for TT Motors.
- 1 x set of 10 clip leads.
- 1 x ping pong ball for robot castor.
- A simple chassis template.
- A USB Drive containing all resources and the robot chassis template.
- 1 x microbit per robot.
- 3 x AA batteries per robot.
- Cardboard for making the chassis templates. These can be either laser cut (DXF file in technicians Notes) or hand cut from old reprographic boxes, or equivalent (card about 2-3mm is ideal). A paper template for cutting by hand is also included in the Technicians Notes.
- Rubber Bands.
micro:bit sold separately