Fair Chance Learning
Step Counter 3000 - Micro:bit STEM kit
Regular price $59.99
Shipping calculated at checkout.
In this project you will use a micro:bit to design and build your own wearable device to measure how many steps you take over a certain distance. You’ll need to code the micro:bit, then design and build a way to effectively attach it to your body, clothes or shoes.
- You will use the micro:bit’s accelerometerto make something happen.
- It counts how many times the micro:bit has been shaken. It stores this number in a variable called ‘steps’.
- Variables are used by computers to store information that may change, such as the number of steps you’ve taken.
- Every time the micro:bit accelerometer input senses a shake, the program increases the variable by 1, and shows the new number on the LED display
- You will also design and then build a way to hold the micro:bit on your shoes or clothing in order to turn the micro:bit into a wearable device as they take steps or run